Links and Philosophy
Everyone likes discovering new things...
There are many links imbedded throughout the pages of this website, especially the "City, County & Community Services Directory" and "Surrounding Community" pages. To make things easier to find, many links are also listed below by category. Links will open in a new browser window.
Biking in Atlanta
Ride the City Atlanta (maps your routes for you!)
SOPO Bicycle Cooperative (Grant Park - non-profit, community-based bicycle repair shop that makes transportation affordable, accessible, and sustainable)
Public Works (Office of Transportation)
Other Neighborhoods and Groups
SAND (South Atlantans for Neighborhood Development)
Private Utilities and Services
Atlanta Gas Light (report a natural gas leak emergency)
Georgia Power (report streets lights that are burned out in a neighborhood)
Utility Locator Service (call BEFORE you dig holes in the ground and tear stuff up that you don't want to have to pay for)
Being a good neighbor is key
"Love thy neighbor ,but keep these resources handy."
- Abandoned and Vacant Properties - Learn more about registering these properties and how to secure them at this City of Atlanta website link
- Grass and Vegetation Heights - More information about maintaining properties at this link to the City of Atlanta Municipal Code
- Removing and Trimming Trees - City of Atlanta Arborist Division website with rules and procedures for what can and can't be done regarding trees on private within the city
- Celebratory Gunfire - Basically, no, don't even think about doing it. Learn why in this Atlanta Police YouTube video.
- Barking Dogs and Other Nuisances - There are limits to how long and when noise is OK in the City of Atlanta Municipal Code.
- Dog Poop - Yes, you need to pick it up. City of Atlanta Municipal Code.
- Fires and Burning Stuff - small cooking fires in backyard fire pits are OK. Burning debris, trash, limbs, and leaves is NOT OK within the City of Atlanta. Bag those leaves and bundle those limbs for pickup on trash day or during bulk pickup. City of Atlanta Municipal Code. From Section 105.6.30 Open Burning:
"The burning of construction debris, organic debris from stomps, branches, and other land clearing efforts and any and all other outdoor burning, other than cooking fires, is prohibited within the city limits."